Welcome to LiveTake LLC, an interactive space dedicated to sports fans. LiveTake LLC, including any current or future affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “LiveTake”) is thrilled you’re placing your trust in our service.
The website and our mobile application are not for general audiences. We do not offer our Services to individuals under 18 years of age. No one under the age of 18 may provide any information to or on the website and our mobile application. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from individuals under 18.
If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this website, our mobile application or on or through any of its features. If you are under 18, you may not register on this website and our mobile application, use any of the features of this website and our mobile application, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
Should an individual whom we know to be under the age of 18 sends personally identifiable information to us, we will delete or destroy it as soon as reasonably possible. If you believe we might have personally identifiable information, please contact us. If you are a user that inputs information related to children under the age of 18, you represent to LiveTake that you have the requisite authority and permissions to collect and for us to process the information.
Information We Collect
Information We Collect and Receive. In order for you to use our Services, we need to collect and process certain types of information. Depending on your use of our Services, this may include:
- Information you provide to us by completing forms on our websites: For example, your name, phone number, email address, date of birth, and any other information you may provide in the forms on our websites;
- Information you provide to us by contacting us: Any personal information you may provide to us when you email or call us, such as name, phone number, and any other details you provide in your communications. LiveTake may also request your contact information for the purposes of having someone contact you for additional information, or in response to your request for information from us;
- Login information, such as username and password, that you may use in connection with our Services;
- Audio File Collection, Use, and Deletion Policy.
As part of our Services, we allow you to record and upload audio and video content. We process and retain your interactions, like voice commands, favorite debates, and app usage, to provide and improve our Services and only to provide and improve our Services.
All voice and audio data is stored on a cloud computing web service platform. Voice and video data is only pushed to the cloud if the permission to share is enabled. Voice and video data pushed to the cloud does not include information that can be traced back to a particular person.
We will only use personal information to provide you with information and Services you have requested, or for other purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information does not include aggregate information from which individual identities have been removed.
- Recognize you whenever you visit our website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time);
- Support security and any authentication features on our website;
- Obtain information about your preferences and use of our website;
- Carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content and Services, and to help us better understand our customers’ requirements;
- Improve the speed and performance of our Services;
- Make your online experience more enjoyable and efficient; and
- Keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process.
Types of Cookies: The cookies we place on your device fall into one of the following two categories:
- Session cookies: these allow our websites to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards.
- Persistent cookies: these are stored on your device in between browser sessions. These allow your preferences or actions across our websites to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache.
The cookies that we place on your device may also be:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate our websites and use their features. Without these cookies, we could not provide you with the Services you have requested.
- Performance cookies: these cookies collect information about how you use our websites, for example, which pages you go to most often. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous, and is only used to improve how our websites work.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies allow our websites to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language, last action, and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Controlling Cookies: Your browser may give you the ability to control some types of cookies. If you do not want to accept the kinds of cookies you can control, you can change your browser settings so that certain types of cookies are not accepted. To control flash cookies, which cannot be disabled through your browser, please go to: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
If you turn off any cookies, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of our websites. For more information about cookies and how to disable them please check one or more of the following resources: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
How We Use Information
LiveTake may use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- To deliver, maintain, and improve our Services;
- To allow you to log into, access, and manage your account;
- To provide customer service and our support services;
- To keep your information secure such as by detecting security incidents, and to be able to verify your identity and contact information;
- To alert you about product updates, special offers, functionalities, security updates, updated information, and other news and services from LiveTake;
- To allow us to customize content according to individual interests;
- To ensure our Services are relevant to your interests;
- To assist in business transfers, such as if LiveTake is involved in a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of LiveTake's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding or event;
- To identify usage trends, and determine effectiveness of our promotional campaigns;
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you;
- To contact you in response to sign up forms or requests such as our Contact Us feature; and
- For other legitimate business purposes.
How Information May Be Shared
In connection with the provision of our Services, we may share your information with certain trusted third-party services who perform services on our behalf to help us provide, improve, promote, or protect our Services, including without limitation our online store hosting provider, email delivery provider, customer service tools, cloud hosting provider and professional advisors. Whenever we share data with third-party services, we seek written commitments from such third parties that that they will protect the data with safeguards that are substantially equivalent to those used by LiveTake.
We also reserve the right to disclose personal information when it is reasonably necessary to protect your safety, conduct our business, protect LiveTake's legal rights, security, and property, and to comply with the law. Otherwise, your personal information is not shared with any individual or other organization.
In addition, if LiveTake is involved in a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of LiveTake's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding or event, we may transfer the personal information we have collected or maintain to the buyer or other successor.
Protection of your Personal Information
We take the security of your personal information seriously and follow industry-standard practices to protect the data we collect and process. LiveTake has therefore put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information that LiveTake collects. Access to personal information will be restricted to our authorized personnel who require the information in order to perform their duties properly. In addition, access will be limited to only that information that is necessary for the performance of those duties.
Remember, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen, or where we have given you a username and password for access to certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping the username and password confidential. No method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, so LiveTake cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Data Transfers for Users Outside the United States
Because LiveTake is a US-based company, your information may be collected and processed in the United States. Additionally, as part of the Services offered to you, the information which we collect about you may be transferred to, and stored in, one or more countries other than where you currently reside. For example, this may occur if any of our servers or third-party service providers are located in a country other than yours. These countries may have different data protection laws that are similar to your current residence. However, if we transfer your information in this way, we will put in place appropriate requirements to comply with applicable law.
Basis for Processing - European Residents
While we do not specifically market our Services to those who reside in the Europe Economic Area (the “European Union” or “EU”), we will provide accommodations for the exercise of your rights provided under data protection laws of the EU, including the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). By visiting our website, you are consenting to the transfer of your information from your jurisdiction.
If you are entitled to privacy rights under the GDPR, you are entitled to:
- Transparency and the right to information. Through this policy we explain how we use and share your information. However, if you have questions or concerns you can contact us any time.
- Right of access, objection, restriction of processing, erasure, and portability. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time when we process your personal data based on your consent. To exercise these rights, please contact us.
- Right to opt-out to direct marketing. You have the right to opt-out at any time to receiving marketing materials from us by following the opt-out instructions in our commercial emails, by contacting us, or by adjusting your preferences on the Site. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including Site announcements and administrative messages relating to your account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes your privacy rights according to the European Data Protection law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in the member state of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement.
If we process your information in any way, we rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information:
- Performing the contract we have with you: In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations, such as to deliver our Services and answer any questions you may have.
- Consent: we may ask your consent to process your personal information in certain situations.
- Legal compliance: Sometimes the law requires us to collect, store, or use your data for legal purposes.
- Legitimate interests: This is a term in data protection law that allows us to process your personal information if we have a legitimate reason to use your data, and only if we do so in ways which do not hurt your interests and rights. For example, we sometimes process your data to pursue our legitimate interests in running our business, including for delivering our Products and/or Services, protecting you from fraud, quality assurance, and marketing purposes. However, we also ensure that our legitimate use of your data does not materially infringe your rights, freedoms, or interests when compared to the processing.
California “Shine the Light” Information-Sharing Disclosure: California residents may request a list of all third parties with respect to which we have disclosed any information about you for direct marketing purposes and the categories of information disclosed. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please send us a written request by email to email@example.com with “California Shine The Light Rights” in the subject line.
California Do Not Track Disclosure: We do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Disclosures: Infinite Giving is not a “business” subject to the CCPA.
Mobile Device Notifications
We use mobile push notifications to update you on relevant user activity while using the Services, such as when another user has engaged with or commented on your LiveTake debate. We give you the ability to opt-in/opt-out to any mobile device notifications we may send by logging into the app and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile, or by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your request.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to perform the relevant processing activity for that information. The relevant retention period is determined on a case-by-case basis because it depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected, why it is processed, and any relevant legal or operational retention needs. For example, we may be required to hold some types of information to fulfill legal purposes. We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. When the relevant processing activity has been completed, we may destroy your data, or alternatively anonymize the data, such that the data is not personally identifiable.
Personal Information Requests
Honoring Your Requests. We are committed to facilitate the exercise of your rights granted by the laws of your jurisdiction, and we will do our best to honor your requests subject to any legal and contractual obligations. Except where an exception or exemption applies, these rights may include the ability to request disclosure of the information we have collected about you, as well as the right to review our data collection practices related to you, the ability to request deletion of your personal information, and the right not to be discriminated against due to your exercise of any of the preceding rights. To ensure that your personal information is accurate and complete, please contact us through the email address below regarding any errors or updates affecting the personal information that we may hold.
How to Request Access to, Correction, or Deletion of Personal Information. You may email us at email@example.com, or log into your account to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that we hold about you. To protect your privacy and security, LiveTake may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to, correcting, or deleting data. Subject to applicable law, we will generally respond to your request for information within 30 days, unless, for reasons beyond our control, a longer response time is necessary, in which case, you will be advised accordingly. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or as necessary for our legitimate business purposes.
Links to Other Sites
Questions, Comments, or Complaints
19 Rockland Place, Old Greenwich CT, 06870